Read Write Inc
Read Write Inc (RWI) is an inclusive literacy programme for all children in Reception, Year 1 and some of Year 2 to learn to read. Children learn the 44 common sounds in the English language and how to blend them to read and spell. The scheme includes both a reading and a writing focus.
Reading is our school priority. Reading is the key that unlocks the whole curriculum so the ability to efficiently decode is essential. The RWI sessions occur Monday - Thursday as the continuity and pace of the programme is key to accelerating the progress of children’s reading development.
Aims and Objectives
To teach children to:
- Apply the skill of blending phonemes in order to read words.
- Segment words into their constituent phonemes in order to spell words.
- Learn that blending and segmenting words are reversible processes.
- Read red words that do not conform to regular phonic patterns.
- Read texts and words that are within their phonic capabilities as early as possible.
- Decode texts effortlessly so all their resources can be used to comprehend what they read.
- Spell effortlessly so that all their resources can be directed towards composing their writing.
Click the image below to enter the Ruth Miskin website.
Click the image below to enter the Oxford Owl website.
Below are some videos with ideas on how you can help your child.